HIGH TECH PYROLYTIC MEDICAL WASTE INCINERATOR
1. Capacity of destruction in weight: 60 Kg/h.
2. It should be able to operate not less than 10 hours/day
3. This incinerator must be able to destruct all combustible wastes produced by hospitals,
private clinics, laboratories, institutes, etc…
4. Design Specification : Types A, B, C, D, and E of medical waste
5. PYROLYTIC” combustion, by controlling the gasification of waste.
6. The incinerator must avoid the release of black smoke and fine dust, (Smokeless) during the
7. It should be able to reduce the volume of wastes by 98%.
8. It should be able to hold emission in the second burn with gas residence of not less than 2 seconds.
9. The incineration should be completely free from visible smoke as well as offensive odours.
10. The lower calorific power (L.C.P) of this waste will be 3,500 kcal/kg
• The Temperatures of combustion: Minimum will be 850°C and max 1400°C
• Post combustion: > 1100°C.
11. The Internal diameter of the Chimney: Ø 400 and its height: 8 m
12. The Volume of the combustion chamber: 1.200 L
13. The Dimension of the door for loading in cm: 70×70.
14. Burner operation should be Automatic On/Off
15. Fuel: diesel
16. The supplier must provide necessary information for the best of the installation This incinerator
with “PYROLYTIC” combustion must have:
17. A combustion chamber of waste:
* Perfectly tight door for the manual loading of waste. The loading should be Manual, Batch
* A burner of lighting which the use is limited to the ignition of waste.
* Frontage of loading with door seals gone up on hinges, wheel of screw plug, flexible joint, and
stuffing insulating out of refractor.-.
* The insulation of the combustion chamber should be composed of refractory bricks,
having a high content of aluminium and insulates bricks in order to assure a minimum
temperature on the outside sheet metal.
* Composition of the refractory;
• Refractory concrete:
> Thickness: > 100 mm ”
> Nature: 42% of A1203
• Insulate in fibrous panels :
> Thickness: > 75 mm
> Nature: Calcium silicate.
* Burner of lighting of waste, with fuel, standard mono-bloc casting guiding plunging
flame, lighting and safety of electronic ignition, permanent ventilation, electromagnetic sluice
gate of regulation and isolating valve.
* Plate of combustion in Carborundum, avoiding the fixing of glass and slags.
18. A chamber of post combustion of gases
* A burner of combustion of gases,
* A device of injection of air allowing a total recombustion of gases,
* A device of air inlet of cooling of waste gases,
* A sheath of evacuation of the gases burnt.
* Carcass in strong sheet steel with support of connection.
* Composition of the refractory;
• Refractory concrete :
> Thickness: > 150 mm
> Nature: 65% of A1203
• Insulate in fibrous panel:
> Thickness: > 85 mm
> Nature: Calcium
* Burner with fuel, mono-bloc casting guiding type with horizontal flame, lighting and safety of
electronic ignition, permanent ventilation, electromagnetic sluice gate of regulation and isolating
* A secondary injection of air to ensure perfect oxygen content.
19. A control box ensuring the complete cycle of combustion.
* Electro-ventilator distributing the secondary air, the regulation of the air flow being
carried out by valves and following the control of the automatic cycle.
21. Controls and regulations:
Control box watertight to dust, including:
* A switch circuit breaker for each engine (ventilators and burners).
* A timer with adjustable temporization for the regulation of each burner.
* A regulator with digital watching for the temperature of combustion,
* A regulator with digital watching for the temperature of postcombustion.
* Electric box.
21. The de- ashing must be done in the bottom of the combustion chamber or the deashing
should be Automatic or manual batch de ashing.
22. Process Filtering system: Scruber to be mentionned as optional
23. Emission Standards Compliance: BS 3316 or equivalent standard
23. Capacity to treat Plastic: Not less than 40% by weight
24. CE Manufacturing Compliance: BS EN 746-2-1997
22. The supplier must give batches of spare parts of first urgency and consumable of the
23. The installed incinerator must bear a one year guarantee.
24. The supplier shall perforn an onsite installation of the incinerator.
25. The technical training of operators will have to be provided and given by a technician from the
factory; it will consist of curative and preventive maintenance, and the use of machine, etc
NB.; Civil works and any other related services for the installation and training of operators must be included in the incinerator’s price.
Specification for the shelter of the incinerator:
House of the incinerator inclusive in offer (the house must have toilet and hand washing facilities and firefighting). The size of the shelter shall measure four meter by six meter and shall be provided with adequate air ventilation.
This material and equipment must include in the shed of the incinerator: foundation in rubble stone, isolation roofing against humudity; elevation with brick of 20 cm (bloc cement), continuing lintel (linteau) in reinforced concrete; steel frame (charpente en metal); roofing in sheet B.C.A. 28 BG