Medical Waste treatment unit
The medical waste treatment unit shall be environmentally-friendly, and have a capacity of
about 200-300kg per batch , to enable treatment of medical waste generated in a 160-bed
The equipment should be self-steam generating if
steam is needed for the sterilization process.
The medical waste treatment unit shall be capable of processing the following:
• Bagged waste, in ordinary bags.
• Sharps containers.
• Liquid containers.
• Cardboard containers.
• Metal objects.
• Pathological waste.
The medical waste treatment unit shall be able to
• mix the waste and shred it into small pieces
• sterilize the waste.
• Dehydrate the waste
• Compact the waste to reduce its volume
Unloading of treated waste shall be automatic, with further shredding facility
All operating features shall be safe, automated
1. The entire cycle shall be computerized with all essential operating parameters locked in and
2. There shall be a documentation feature of the treatment cycle,
The unit shall have a manual mode of operation in case of failure of the automatic features
The following parameters shall be displayed:
1. Power on
2. sterilization indicator light
3. auto/manual switch
4. open door warning light
5. steam pressure
6. cycle chart recorder