Intermittent Feed (w/optional loader):.9 yd3/hr (.7 m3/hr) around 8 hrs/day
Specifications: Length total -9′-6″ (2896 mm) batch system w/o loader
18′-6″ (5639mm) w/optional loader system Width total -7′-6″ (2820mm)
Height (w/o stack) -10′-0″ (3048mm) Approx. Weight – 14,000 lbs. (6364 kg) w/o
- The average dioxin and furan concentration in the emissions should not exceed 80ng/m3 total dioxins and furans
if quantified for a period of 6 to 16 hours.
Each of pollutant concentrations have to be expressed at Oo C and 1.013 x 10 5 N/m2, dry gas and 11% oxygen correction.
Oxygen correction is calculated as:
Es = 21 — Os x EM
21 – OM
Where: Es = Calculated emission concentration at the standard proportion oxygen concentration
EM = Measured emission concentration
Os = Standard oxygen concentration
OM = measured oxygen concentration
10 Operation 1. Materials destined for incineration should be of known origin and makeup and has to
be only incinerated in a furnace that is registered for the special kind of waste.
- A record must be kept of the quantity, type and origin of the waste to be incinerated.
- The incineration must be preheated to working temperature before charging any waste.
- The incineration must not be overcharged.
- The incineration must be in good working order at all times and must not be used if any component fails. Any
error should be recorded in a log book and reported on the appropriate authority.
- The incineration operator and all relevant staff must be trained to the satisfaction of the relevant control
11 Housekeeping The site where the incineration is built needs to:
- Have running water.
- Have a solid floor.
- Have lighting if 24hrs operation
- Have fly ash containerization and storage before disposal.
12 Health & Safety (Protective Gear) 1. Staff handling waste has to be trained on safe handling of
- Staff must be provided with appropriate protective gear such as, gas mask, aprons, gumboots, helmets, gloves,
- Caution and Warning signs must be provided.
- Fire fighting equipment must be provided
- There should be no smoking or eating on the site.